Wednesday, February 3, 2010

55. Learn about British history.

Because I moved from England when I was so young, I somehow missed some key lessons in British history (and American history, too, for that matter). I never enjoyed history classes, but do enjoy reading and watching shows and movies about historical events and people.

Anyway, I just finished reading a 500 page book on British history and I feel so much better informed. In addition, I learned that I was not as uneducated as I thought. I'm very surprised. I was lucky enough to have had parents who made a point to take us everywhere as kids, so it turns out I've seen a lot of relevant stuff.

I still want to read some more about the monarchy and some biographies, but on the whole, I think I've got this one licked enough.

No comments: